Enigma is not yet available as initial work is still in progress.
The following releases have been defined:
- 0.1 This first release contains a basic setup and integrates the Swiss Ephemeris. It contains a minimal user interface that shows a startup screen (dashboard) and an input screen for the calculation of a chart. The input screen performs validation for the inputted data.
- 0.2 Calculates positions for Sun, Moon, planets, mean node and houses and shows them in tabular form. Calculations are performed for longitude, latitude, right ascension, declination, including the daily speed. Azimuth and altitude are also calculated but without speed. For celestial objects (not houses) the distance and its daily speed are calculated.
- 0.3 A technical release. The application is refactored using insights learned from the first releases. Some checks are added, mainly for the existence of the correct ephemeris files. The only visible change is the addition of the current version number.
- 0.4 Add a database. Enigma now handles several house systems, ayanamshas, and selections of celestial objects. The data for these selections are retrieved from the database.
- 0.5 Enigma shows a graph of the chart and has a font with astrological glyphs available. In tabular presentations, the user can select the use of glyphs or the use of abbreviations.
- 0.6 Personal configurations are added. The user can define multiple configurations and select one of them for calculations.
Release 0.1 is finished and I am about to finish release 0.2.
Starting with release 0.3 I will make the code of each release available for programmers at GitLab.
After finishing 0.6 I will supply a first – obviously simple – version of the application to the interested users. Expect new versions after almost every later release.
Starting with release 0.7 I will focus on cycles but also add interpretation techniques to the radix and make a small start with statistics. I intend to start with ArchaeoAstronomy in later releases.